Berlin Startup Academy now works under the roof of German Technology Entrepreneurship Center (GTEC).
What does this mean for you as an applicant? First off, our deal hasn’t changed. We’re committed to helping founders and teams that have a great idea but still need to work on topics like team completion and business verification – and which can’t yet afford to burn all bridges and spend 7 days/week on their startup. We’re ready to take a significantly higher risk than later-stage accelerators. In return, we ask for 4% of your shares and a fee of 1000€ which, if you’re starting a German UG or GmbH, will be used to buy the shares.
What has dramatically improved is the opportunities we’re giving you access to. We share GTEC’s mission to make Germany’s resources as a world-leading economy, with its powerful corporate and Mittelstand companies, its world-class academic institutions, its wealth and dynamics, available to founders from all over the world. And we’ll continue to do that independently, running BSA as a startup. Working with GTEC, we – and hence, you – have at our disposal:
1. powerful industry partners. For now, it is RWE, Henkel, Globumbus, InfoScore, ESMT, and Noerr. There may be more partners in the future, and they are all committed to seriously getting involved with the startups in the program
2. a lab space where you will not only have ideal work and presentation facilities but will also rub shoulders with VCs, corporate entrepreneurs, and more
3. access to Berlin and international university, science and technology park resources
4. access to ESMT, Germany’s best and most famous MBA school, and its network
5. side-by-side work with TechStars, the world’s biggest accelerator network
6. hands-down the most central and prestigious premises in Berlin, in a spacious campus right next to many of Berlin’s best-known sights
At the moment, we’re still in the process of actually constructing some of the physical parts of this, which is why it’ll take until June before we start our next BSA program. But if you want to get involved, don’t hesitate to
- apply now and start the conversation that might lead to your enrollment in June
- attend GTEC Open Lectures with inspiring speakers and BSA workshops
We are excited about this fantastic opportunity. We can’t wait to open the doors to our premises which will have the best in connectivity, be furnished by cool, innovative companies like roominabox.com, and be an open campus for tech industry people from all over the world.
And we can’t wait to see you there!